Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Happiness… How Elusive is it?


Remember how I said if the word Challenge was in the title I was more than likely to participate, well that is holding true.  I have also doing a Wellness Challenge as part of an on-line gym that I belong to (gym.foreverfit.tv).  One of the Week One tasks was to write down 10 things that make you happy and then find ways to make sure you are doing something that makes you happy as much as possible.   Let’s see how easy this is. 

Things that make me happy….

1. Spending time with dogs.  It could be training, walking, shopping or just plain chilling.  These goofs make me very happy.

2. Being creative especially writing and painting.

3. Accomplishing goals.  I never met a completed list that I did not likešŸ˜.

4. Moving- small movements, large movements, self-propelled or in a vehicle I do enjoy a change of position and scenery.

5. Being out in nature.

6. Listening to music-  Music can be an inspiration, a motivator and an instant time machine.  It can inspire tears, joy, rage and a bazillion other emotions.  A huge thank-you to those musical geniuses who make life and report writing just a little more tolerable.

7. Eating.  There is nothing like a delicious meal that is so good you can’t help but be excited for leftovers and are counting down the minutes until you can tuck into the meal for a round two.

8.  Helping others.  I get a warm glow when I am able to help someone with a task or meet a goal they didn’t think was possible.  I live for the goose bump moments of excitement when I can report to a child and parent that they no longer need my help. 

9. Problem solving.  I love solving problems, fully understanding what is working and what is getting in the way and that moment when you hit on the perfect path out of it…. Mmwah!  It is magnificent!

10. Down time.  I do like me some quiet time so that I reflect and recharge.

Along this line, I recently learned a technique of quickly figuring out your priorities in life during a meditation challenge I am doing…. Right there is that “C” word again.  The meditation started by asking the following- “If you knew you only had three days left what would you do with that time?”  

It was an interesting question and I love hearing how others respond to it.  My mother’s first response was “I would clean my house!!!!”. She quickly amended her answer, as she realized that she would not be around to see other reactions to her clean house so, she felt it would be a waste of time.  Man I love my Mother!  She keeps it real.

My response to this question was quick and decisive- I would be on the shores of Lake Superior with the dogs painting.

 It really is a question that helps you identify the things that make your life full and helps make the daily grind tolerable.

So what about you?

What would make it on your list if you knew you only had three days left?

No comments:

Post a Comment