Tuesday, January 2, 2024

10 Things That I Love About Me

Quote by Robert T. Kiyosaki

 I’ve been participating in Yoga with Kassandra’s Flexible Body, Flexible Mind 30 day challenge and one of the challenges was writing down a minimum of 10 things that you love about yourself.  Well here it goes….

1.  My ability to see both the large and small picture at the same time.  It comes in handy when planning future direction for services at work and for seeing what I love and what I want to change about my life… how small changes impacts that bigger picture.

2. My love of animals and nature.  There is something about being outside surrounded by large trees and funky fungus that just makes my heart sing.  The experience is even better if there is a dog or a horse beside me.  

3.  My organizational skills.  There is nothing I love better than striking task off a list as you complete them.  The dopamine rush is so lovely and often there is a short dance party happening in my head. 

4. My determination.  Often if I feel close to quitting I can find an inner drive that pushes me to keep going.  Maybe that has something to do with my love of winning.

5. My cooking skills.  When I put my mind to it I am actually not to terrible at following recipes and making a delicious meal but I am equally pleased with my ability to order in food.  Hey, it’s good to have options.

6. My ability to sleep, whether it be a nap or through the night.  Yes there might be frequent wake-ups but I usually can fall back asleep quickly.

7. My low keyness.  I used to be so focused on fashion and make-up and looking and acting a certain way but as the years go by I place less and less emphasis on the trimmings and more on the substance.  Besides less time on doing my hair means more time for laughing at memes and watching Taskmaster clips. 


8. My commitment to a challenge.  I have been impressed with my commitment to daily meditation and yoga over this last month.  In fact if the word challenge is in the title more times than not I am ready to sign up. 

9. My creativeness.  Over the last year I have really enjoyed creating paintings and trying new techniques.  I love the creative process and how it feels when my brain starts with an idea and all of a sudden it is making connections and the idea morphs and grows into something bigger and more beautiful than I could have thought possible.  

10. My strength both physical and mental.  With all the injuries I have had over the last 5 years it would have been easy to give up and just become a sedentary lump.  I came close  a few times but each time I was able to give myself a stern talking to and I nudged myself back into the world of movement and challenged myself to reframe my negative thoughts and feelings about myself and the situations I was in.  May I not loose this ability as it has served me well.

11.  The BONUS love is my sense of humour.  All to often it would be easy to focus on the negative and skitter down into the pit of hard done by, but I somehow manage to find something funny about the situation that I can use to rise above it and to shine a little glimmer of light to make it not so bad.  

12. The BONUS BONUS.  My curiosity.  I have always been a curious person, some in my family might say snoopy, but curious is a more accurate description.  How do things work? What are people thinking and feeling? Why????  I think this fits with my love of learning and wanting and needing to know.  

Look at that another task I can tick of a list….. I’m basking in contentment and ready to seize the day.

Author Note:  This was an activity that was presented earlier on in the challenge and one that I have been putting off as it filled me with dread.  Why is it easier to scream at the top of my lungs (a task I relished and repeated a few times) than to identify things that I love about myself??? Probably because I am to quick to and spend too much time concentrating on the things that I want to fix about myself.  Well maybe this is the lesson that 2024 has to teach me… how to appreciate me as I am.  I guess time will tell if this gets easier with practice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment