Thursday, January 6, 2022

Vacation I Bid you Adieu!

It's official!  I return to the land of the worker bee tomorrow and am currently fighting back the angst and lament that comes at the end of a vacation.  I didn't realize how burnt out I was until I didn't have a place to be and a schedule to adhere to.  This past month has flown by, mainly because the first two weeks were spent pretty much in a restorative coma.  Small everyday little things like going to get the groceries or shopping for presents was too stimulating and left me feeling wiped out and ready to crawl into bed to nap the afternoon away... which I did.  

Last Vacation Lunch
Days when I didn't need to people, faired slightly better, but it makes me wonder what in store for me when I return to the daily onslaught of peopling (real and virtual).  I guess there is no sense in dwelling on it- what will be will be!

This morning as I revelled in my last day of taking my dang time waking-up,  I made a list of what I wanted to accomplish before I head back to work.  I did well, finishing all but two of the things on my list.  If shopping hadn't been involved, I would have been able to power through to the end, but I lost steam and the desire to continue once I made it home from forced retail therapy.  

Okay maybe it was the large Shawarma lunch that left me desperately wanting a nap... but it was so yummy it was worth every bit of sluggishness I have felt since I finished.  

This had to be the best find of the day......

Ohh Crap.... not Slytherin!!!

It appears I am not the only person who sorts their pets into Hogwart's Houses.... ask and you shall receive!  I thought human clothing sizing can a harsh pill to swallow.... animal sizes are 10X's worse.  Tiny little Oaks is an XL.... you read that right and XL and at that he just squishes into his new T-shirt.  If he had a little beer belly it would be poofing out the bottom.  As it is the shirt rolls up his back and I am constantly pulling it down into place.

I couldn't wait to get home to try it on Oaks, but before I could I needed to take a little trip to the fabric store as a favour to my Mother.  Many, many hours were spent in the fabric store when I was younger, not so patiently waiting for Mom to select patterns, fabrics and other sundries.  There is only so much fun a kid can have in a fabric store, even with an awesome imagination and ability to entertain one's self.  As the minutes ticked away it was not hard to envision a future in which you perished before Mom made her final selections.  So the fact that I willingly entered a fabric store for her  is pretty much a miracle.  She needed me to pick-up camo fleece as apparently the Prairies don't have any left and she needed to restock so that she can keep my nephew in fleece pants.  

In true Mom fashion, she started panicking that maybe the fabric would not be appropriate for pants so she had my brother text me to find out more about the grade of the fabric.  Too late, I had already bought her 6 metres and was lugging the big bag of fabric back to the vehicle.  As it turns out, based on my description she is not longer worried.

Thank-you!

When at the Pet store I couldn't resist purchasing a set of Hogwart's Balls.  Whisper gravitated to the Hufflepuff of course! Ferg was torn between Hufflepuff and Gryffindor and Oaks... well being a true Slytherin he wanted them all.  By the end of two hours Oaks had totally destroyed the Gryffindor ball and after another 30 minutes the Slytherin ball also had gapping holes and had to be tossed.   The Hufflepuff ball managed to escape to the far corner under the couch, so remains safe for the moment.   My Ravenclaw ball is up high in the cupboard.  No one gets to use my precious!!


What to do... What to do

Ferg was the first to tap out of the ball swap game and Oakley used that as an opportunity to lay a Smackdown upon him.  I bet Ferg wishes  the pet store also sells wands so he could "Expecto Patronom" on Oak's a$$.

Slytherin- Game, Set, Match

All the fun and hi jinx finally wore them out and I was able to watch This is Us in peace.  

Never ever wake a sleeping Slytherin!

As time wore on, Icouldn't help but feel I should do at least one more productive thing before taking the dogs out for their bedtime walk.   To motivate myself I popped on my blogging tiara and sat down to write, with the hope that blogging will make me feel a little better about transitioning back to work.  It seems to have worked... but it could also be the power of the tiara!  Notice the hopeful optimism in my eyes... now that I think about it, it could also be gas!!!!

Toodles Freedom!

Editors Note:  I am wearing the new "ugly plaid" shirt that my Mom made for me for Christmas... I guess I shouldn't complain about all that time spent in fabric stores as I obviously have benefitted.  My Mom and I have concluded we have very different definitions of what is "ugly plaid"as I think this plaid is pretty and she thinks my other plaid shirt is the prettier plaid.... it isn't!






























No comments:

Post a Comment