Friday, January 7, 2022

Pleasant Little Surprises

Diadem's-  A Blogger Must Have
With my Ravenclaw diadem in place and dressed for success, I am ready to recount all the pleasant little surprises today had in store for me. 

It started this morning when not only did I manage to stay awake after my alarm went off, but I managed to cut down my morning scrolling through news feeds from 30 to 15 minutes which allowed me time to do both a yoga and a core workout.  

I managed to stay on the Swiss ball during my workout and finished with no broken bones or holes in the wall.  

Next came the moment I had been dreading since I thought about it yesterday.  I spent my entire vacation in pants that had stretch waist and drawstring closures.  

In fact, I was pretty proud when I found these at Roots and decided that these would be my new staple clothing items when at home.  

Cozy Comfort Wear

Pants with stretch are so forgiving.... they don't mind if you over indulge in cheese, cookies and other savoury treats.  Stretch pants basically beg you to do so.... "Come on, you know it will be pleasurable!  Holidays are all about indulging!  Treat yourself woman, you deserve that extra cookie.  Celebrate the fact you have stayed awake a full hour already!!!!!".  

"Will or won't the work pants fit????" Was the question that was on my mind as I headed to the closet this morning.  I was hoping the daily workouts, yoga and manual labour helped counter balance all my indulging.

Standing in front of my wardrobe I contemplated choosing my largest pants for a guaranteed win, but I purposefully picked my most fitted pair as they would truly let me know how well I fared over the holidays.   Surprise #4-  the pants fit like a glove!!!  My day would have been made with just this pleasant surprise but the universe wasn't done providing me with joyful moments. 

Did Elsa visit us last night?
I swaggered downstairs, in my fitted pants, ready to conquer the world and low and behold found my next
pleasant surprise.  A surprise that restored my faith in humanity.  Last night I rushed myself to get to bed so fast that I forgot to not only lock the door but to close it properly.  There is sat partially open with the screen door frozen solid.  

NOOOOOOO!!!!

I looked around and realized my wallet, purse, keys and bike were all still in the designated spots.  The dogs and I were still present and accounted for... even the cat remained (although who would want to steal that whiner???).  Thank-you Baby Jesus!

To celebrate this win I headed to Tim Horton's where they had both a plain croissant and a plain old fashion donut available fore purchase (a rarity).  

I also topped up my D-Coke supply just in case my luck didn't hold and headed home to start the process of wading through a month of emails. 

My guilty pleasure

I daringly left the dogs free while on my Tim's run.  Why would leaving dogs free in the house be daring? Well Whisper sometimes uses free time to water my rug and Typhoo Oakley likes to make his own fun which can be shredded paper or......


I came home to find everything was as I left it and there were no puddles to sop up which was an added bonus!

By noon I was through emails and started on discharges.  That is where I hit a little snag, I didn't have access to our charting system.  It ended up that the hard drive for my work computer was replaced over the Christmas break which meant the charting software was no longer available on the computer.  Well this snag turned another pleasant surprise... I not only had a forced mid-day break, in the form of a drive to the office; it also meant I got to see and catch-up with some of my lovely co-workers.

Mid-afternoon two wonderful things occurred:

  • I found out that one of the kids I coached in Cross Country Skiing is currently trying out for a spot at the Olympics.  It feels great to have played a small part in his journey to get to this point.
  • I found out the heater not only makes the office toasty but it lulls these goons to sleep.

I heart quiet dogs!!!!

Now I'm off to make one of the recipes from the Good Food box that arrived at noon.  I'm looking forward to a delicious meal and an anything is possible weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment