Tuesday, December 22, 2015

And The Letter is G.....

I was there when the Occupational Therapist did the MOCA on my Dad to get a baseline after his stroke.  If you have never had the privilege of seeing the MOCA in action there is one sub-test where the assessor gives you a time limit and a letter.  The patients role is to think of as many words that start with that letter, in the time frame provided.  The words can not be names and can not be variations of the same word.  The letter they gave my Dad was "F"......

Yup! He lost some valuable time trying not to say "Fuck".  Can't blame him, as that was the first word that popped into my head as well.  I guess we are two peas in a pod.  Incidentally this is a great way to pass hours and hours of driving by yourself.  Take the first or last letter of a word on a sign that you pass and go to town thinking of as many words as you can.  When you can't think of any more words, start again.  On second thought this is a better game to play when you are driving on desolate highways in the middle of winter.... as there is much of Minnesota that I missed when playing the game.

Anyhoo, my challenge for today is a variation of the MOCA... I have to think as many words that start with G as I can.  My time limit a full day.

This gabble of "G" words brought to you by Gimli the "Graceful Golden"
who gulps grass greedily
Here is goes:

Go
Grand
General
Give
Give-up
Gramophone
Grandma
Grandpa
Group
Gift
Grateful
Garbage
Gallop
Graft
Grapefruit
Grape
Golden
Group
Gallant
Gimp-  before you go all PC on me, gimp is a braid like trim made of silk
Gall
Graph
Groupie
Goop
Gross
Gamble
Game
Giddy
Grapple
Grievance
Galoshes
Ghost
Great
Grappling hook
Garage
Gear
Gun
Good
Grab
Google
Gallivant
Grenade
Gatling Gun (double G-  Thanks Moorhouse)
Gangrene
Green
Get
Gone

Okay that was about 1.5 minutes... now I am staring longingly at the dictionary and trying to will the pages open to reveal more "G" words....

I can do this.....
Guts
Geode
Gem
Gum
Garter
Gal
Girlfriend
Glamorous
Glamour
Glimmer
Got
Gitch
Gizmo
Gaily
Girl
Grandeur
Gratuity
Gratuitous
Grange

Break time.....
Gavel
Ginger
Good-bye
Glory
Guppy
Glitch
Grain
Gin
Great
Geri-can
Greek
Gondola
Granola
Grave
Grieve
Gorgeous
Gorge
Gravel
Grit
Grifter
Genuine
Genie
Gentle
Gourd
Government

Okay I am calling it!  If I keep this up all day I will go glum... so don't goad me to continue.  Although I am disappointed I forgot about one of my favourite words... gimcrackery..... dang!





No comments:

Post a Comment