Sunday, January 1, 2017

And So It Begins.....

I have my work cut out for me!
I can't help but think that I am biting off more than I can chew but I refuse to be daunted and will give this a good ole' College try.  A few years ago a friend of mine invited me to be part of a 365 day Photo Challenge.  There was a themed picture for each day of the week.  This project was made all the more challenging by the fact that the only camera I own is on my cellphone.  I did pretty well keeping up with the weekly posts until late spring/early summer.  Then I spent the rest of the year trying to catch-up.

When asked to join her Photo Project 52 the next year I had to decline.  By this time I had been inspired to create my own challenge- The Jar of Possibilities.  I was tired of the rut I was in and wanted to see if making small changes to how I lived my life would have a profound impact on the overall course my life would take.   Trying to meet the demands of daily life, work and two big projects would just be too much change in too short of a time.  I tried really hard to keep up with my 2015 Project but in the end I only finished about 80% of the challenges that I had created for myself.  I was okay with my final score as I managed to complete the most important one..... get a puppy!

Last year,  I opted for the low key gratitude journal.  It was fun and easy to accomplish.  The intent was it would give me a full year to pump myself for another round of Jar of Possibilities Challenges.  Doing the gratitude journal afforded me time to come up with a new set of 365 challenges.  I just had one problem.  As of yesterday I only had 129 daily assignments..... a far cry from the required 365.  As much as I tried, I could not think of any more tasks.  I had pretty much given up.  Therefore when I was asked to participate in my friends 365 Photo Challenge for 2017 I gladly accepted.  It would be fun to exercise my creative brain again.

Well, as it turns out my mind, my brain just needed some time to get unstuck.  As if by divine intervention, this morning I woke up and thought of challenges 129- 365.  Who would have thought that would be possible.

Now the conundrum...... which challenge should I pick??????

Sadly I can't make that decision.  Instead I have opted to do both.  I feel pretty confident I can keep up, but maybe that is just the ever present optimism of my "vacation brain" that thinks time grows on trees.  We will see if 2017 is the year that I can complete two big projects and still find time to do things like work, personal hygiene, eat and sleep.

Will I be able to keep it up?????

I guess time will tell.

On the docket this week.....

Painting every night for a week and creating the following photo's-  change, bundled up, starts with K, nuts, relaxation, J.

I better get cracking or I will end up giving up before I even get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment