Saturday, August 8, 2015

The Challenge with Challenges......

I can't believe that I am already at daily Challenge #220.   I figure I am running out of time to catch-up on outstanding challenges so I better get cracking.  So far I have completed190 of the 220 challenges-  a 86% success rate.... I'll take that.  But with the posting of this entry my completion rate will rise by two.

Challenge #107 was "Take a candid photo of yourself and post it on the blog".  Now in a world devoted to "selfies" you might think that this isn't much of a challenge, but for me it is.  I hate having my picture taken and if one does manage to capture the elusive Max on film... hmmm I mean pixels.... I try my darnedest to ensure that photo never sees the light of day.  I managed to quell my inner "ugh" and took the picture, but never posted it.

I guess it is like a band-aid, I just have to rip it off.  Here is goes.
Thanks for the assistance Kate!
Challenge #202 which was originally drawn on July 21st was "Write an entry in the blog about this experience".  I have been avoiding completing this challenge because I misread it and thought it was blog about your favourite challenge.  I was having a hard time choosing between "Get a puppy" and "Hang upside down for a new perspective".  It is probably pretty obvious why "Get a puppy" made it to the top two.  In case you needed convincing.... here is proof.
The Ferky Turkey 

The view from upside down
Now you are probably wondering why any sane person would hold "hanging upside down" in esteem.  Well the long and short of it, this challenge proved to me that Toby Keith is right......  I am " as good once as I ever was".

I spent much of my youth hanging off of and/or flipping off of monkey bars, but that was more than a few years ago.  I had strong doubts that I would even make it onto the monkey bars, let alone turn myself upside down.  But a can-do attitude can surmount anything.  Getting down was a tad more cumbersome than it used to be, but I did not "shank the cabbage" and no trips to the hospital were required, so all in all I deemed it a success.  I even managed to take a picture while hanging there.  It gave me some more time to ponder how I was going to get down.  Bonus-  I found out that I am more bendy than I thought I was.

Looking back through my challenge journal, I marvel that I came up with the challenges that I did.  Some were pretty inventive like Challenge #116- "Crawl down the stairs".  Incidentally crawling down stairs is a total body work-out, especially if you have gingerly pick you way down the last few stairs around a puppy that is all to eager to shower you in celebratory kisses.

I also noticed that dishes seem to figure quite predominantly into challenges that involved finishing things or to-do lists.  Go figure-  Me avoiding dishes.  I know you are surprised (typed with a sarcastic undertone)!!!

Some challenges were tough like Challenge #45 "No TV for a week" or Challenge #94- "Tie your shoes without using your thumbs".  Some were down right easy, such as Challenge #32 "Wave at someone you don't know".


I'm sure Sharon will not be able to forget Challenge # 144- "Walk, fall down, get up and keep walking" since I did in on a busy street beside her.  Maybe a little too public for her tastes.

Here are some pics of some other favourite challenges:

Playing on the playground equipment.  It is very hard to take selfie's while swinging... especially because I like to go high.

May long weekend I accomplished "Leave footprints in the sand or snow".  Look at me leaving footprints in both at the same time.  Thank-you Lake Superior for taking so long to thaw out.





This was my "Get creative challenge".  Owls seem to be all the rage lately.  I decided to jump on the band-wagon.









$20 shopping spree at Staples.  Whoo Hoo!  There is something about Post-it's, pens and monkey stickers that make me giddy with delight.








Would I do this type of a change challenge again?

Yep!

192 Challenges completed.   28 more to go until I am caught up. 



No comments:

Post a Comment